Warehouses are tough environments; devices are dropped, barcode labels ripped and pallets dented. When even a small delay can have a massive effect on KPIs, organisations need to explore every opportunity to overcome potential problems and mitigate errors.
- Built for Peak Performance – when devices are built to cope with the throughput demands of the warehouse, workers can sail through long shifts with no time lost hunting down a replacement for a malfunctioning scanner or dead battery. Built in battery gauges also enable the IT team to remotely track battery management.
- Industrial Strength – when label printing in the supply chain goes wrong, the consequences are not only financial; misplaced shipments and delays also mean dissatisfied customers and higher returns. Industrial printers and high-quality supplies are a prerequisite for flawless fulfilment.
- Handling Harsh Environments – ensuring devices are ruggedly built to withstand the unforgiving conditions of the warehouse and yard, including concrete floors, dust, heat, cold, frost, bright sunlight and dimly lit areas, will make a huge difference in both day to day usability and asset longevity.
- Ergonomically Design – technology that’s designed for user comfort, such as lightweight, wireless mobile printers and touchscreen devices that reduce the tilt angle required by the worker, helps complete tasks while reducing risk of injury and fatigue, which in turn reduces the likelihood of errors.
- Managing Exceptions – as volumes increase, so too will the variations in inventory. Devices with improved data capture have the ability to read badly printed labels, systems that can scan an entire pallet or shrink-wrapped boxes with one click will be increasingly important in avoiding delays.
Minimising downtime is essential – as devices become more intuitive, users can quickly get to grips with new roles, significantly reducing training time.
Read More:- The Warehouse Manager’s Guide to Improving Efficiency
- Improving Workforce Productivity, Engagement & Agility
- Flawless Fulfilment – The Challenges
- The Warehouse Workforce is Changing
- Extending Warehouse Expertise
- The Warehouse Environment is Changing
- Transforming Visibility
- Streamlining Processes to Achieve Flawless Fulfilment
- Fit For Purpose
- Ongoing Warehouse Transformation: Adaptability & Responsiveness
- The Future of Workforce Productivity