50% of the global workforce will be made up of millenials by 2020
It has always been a challenge to find, recruit and retain good quality, skilled staff in the warehouse and logistics sector. However, a number of new factors are affecting the industry and a key consideration today is the rise in millennial workers.
- This tech savvy generation will not respond well to paper based processes and outdated, legacy green-screens but will quickly embrace mobile and wearable technologies that improve their day to day engagement and performance.
- Equipping the workforce with innovative technologies designed to support modern warehousing practices will help organisations recruit and retain skilled workers.
- The familiarity of mobile devices, touch-screens and operating systems such as Android can reduce training times – slashing on- boarding from weeks down to hours, a key consideration during seasonal peaks.
With millennials estimated to make up 50% of the global workforce by 2020, there is a huge opportunity for organisations to rethink the role of mobile and digital technologies within the warehouse.
Read More:- The Warehouse Manager’s Guide to Improving Efficiency
- Improving Workforce Productivity, Engagement & Agility
- Flawless Fulfilment – The Challenges
- The Warehouse Workforce is Changing
- Extending Warehouse Expertise
- The Warehouse Environment is Changing
- Transforming Visibility
- Streamlining Processes to Achieve Flawless Fulfilment
- Fit For Purpose
- Ongoing Warehouse Transformation: Adaptability & Responsiveness
- The Future of Workforce Productivity