Cold Chain Solutions
Make Work in the Cold Chain Easier and More Productive
Leverage the broadest cold chain technology portfolio in the industry designed to operate in extreme cooler, refrigerator, chiller, and freezer conditions.
Our freezer-compliant devices are engineered to provide reliable operation, regardless of the dramatic temperature swings. This makes the entire supply chain more effective, protects your customers, and enhances the profitability of your business.
Streamline Cold Storage Handling,
Fulfil more orders per day with improved safety and comfort while handling cases in cold storage with hands-free technology.
Increase Accuracy and Productivity,
Quickly and efficiently enter data – even with gloved hands – by using large keys and an easy-to-use touch-screen on ergonomically designed handheld mobile computers.
Alleviate common problems associated with mobile devices, such as condensation, moving between coolers and freezers and the warmer room temperature warehouse environment.
The Challenge: Streamline Operations in Your Harsh Cold Storage Environments,
You’d like to leverage the benefits of scanning in your freezer, chiller and other cold storage areas to reduce cycle times and improve accuracy from receiving and picking to shipping — and to provide the real-time inventory visibility you need to prevent costly out-of-stocks that turn into lost orders, lost customers and lost revenue. But even rugged scanners aren’t built to handling the challenges of this harsh and demanding environment, including:
- Constant wide temperature swings. When workers move between freezer and non-freezer zones, condensation can accumulate on the scanner window — impacting scan performance or preventing scanning altogether.
- Frost-covered barcodes. Barcodes in cold storage environments are frequently covered with frost or condensation, making scanning difficult if not impossible. The resulting need for workers to manually process exceptions not only reduces worker productivity, it also introduces more opportunity for errors that can translate into the late delivery of an order, or orders with missing or wrong items.
- Non-glove friendly ergonomics. It’s difficult to operate the typical scanners while wearing thick gloves.
- Battery issues that prevent the deployment of cordless scanners. Cold temperatures are tough on batteries. Performance typically erodes as the temperature drops, in the subzero temperatures of a freezer, many batteries can’t function at all.
And while you may have a scanner rated for freezer use today, chances are the demands of this tough environment require frequent repair and replacement of scanners. The result is high capital costs, high device management costs and a high total cost of ownership (TCO).
Recommended components for Cold Chain Solutions
Each solution combines industry-leading hardware and accessories, custom software from our App Development Community, supplies to withstand the conditions of your manufacturing facility and the best partner network to implement and service.
Is there a scanner that is truly built to thrive in your cold storage environments to allow you to achieve operational improvements you need to deliver better customer service — without increasing your workforce?
3600 Series Ultra-Rugged Scanners
Introducing the Zebra 3600 Series, a new class of industrial scanners that delivers the unstoppable performance you need to improve productivity, enhance order accuracy and speed shipping times in the most demanding cold storage environments. The 3600 Series is engineered to meet the specific environmental and user challenges in cold storage.
Zebra’s 3600 Series features the industry’s highest drop, tumble and sealing specifications in to deliver unstoppable performance. Regardless of your data capture application, the 3600 series has a model to meet your needs.
- Sub-zero temperature rating
- Superior scanning performance
- Reliable operation in sub-zero temperatures
- An ultra-rugged design
- Superior Bluetooth technology
- Minimal device management time and cost